Things to Consider Before Entering Drug and Alcohol Rehab
Entering drug and alcohol rehab can seem like an overwhelming process at first. Addiction treatment facilities have rules and procedures in place that are designed to help individuals recover from addiction and build a foundation for a healthy, sober life.
Before going to drug and alcohol rehab, it’s important to research and ask questions to ensure that you are prepared for the admission process. This article will discuss typical rules and procedures of addiction treatment facilities, the importance of researching and asking questions, what to pack and what is prohibited, and the benefits of seeking professional care when struggling with addiction.
Rules and Procedures of Addiction Treatment Facilities
Addiction treatment facilities like Southeast Addiction have specific rules and procedures in place to help individuals recover from addiction. These can vary between facilities, but some of the most common rules include:
- A ban on telephone access during the initial week of treatment
- Restrictions on visitors and outside contact
- A requirement to follow a strict schedule and adhere to curfews
- A prohibition on bringing certain items into the facility, such as drugs, alcohol, and weapons
- A ban on romantic relationships with other patients or staff members
Understanding and respecting these rules is an important part of engaging in addiction treatment. While it may be difficult to adjust to these restrictions, they are in place to ensure that individuals can focus on their recovery without outside distractions or temptations.
Researching and Asking Questions About Rehab
Before attending drug and alcohol rehabilitation, it’s important to do your research and ask questions to ensure that you are prepared for the admission process.
Some key questions to ask include:
- What items are allowed and prohibited in the facility?
- Will I have access to my cell phone or computers during treatment?
- Are family visits allowed, and under what circumstances?
- What types of therapy and treatment options are available?
- What is the typical length of stay for patients?
Researching the facility itself and reading reviews from others who have attended can also be helpful in understanding what to expect. You can check out Southeast Addiction testimonials right here and/or head to Google to read our reviews there (we had 4.9 stars at time this blog is being written, by the way) By asking questions and gathering information ahead of time, you can ensure that you are prepared and know what to expect when entering drug and alcohol rehab
What to Pack and What is Prohibited
When preparing for drug and alcohol rehabilitation, it’s important to know what to pack and what is prohibited. While specific requirements may vary between facilities, here are some general guidelines:
- Comfortable clothing and sleepwear suitable for all weather conditions
- Personal hygiene products like toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, and soap
- Prescription meds (non-narcotic) Journals, books, and other reading materials
- Photos of loved ones and sentimental items that provide comfort and motivation
Prohibited items may include drugs, alcohol, weapons, and any item deemed to be dangerous or disruptive to the treatment process. Electronic devices like phones and laptops are typically not allowed during the initial phase of treatment, although some facilities may allow limited use during certain hours of the day.
The Benefits of Going to Alcohol and Drug Rehab
While attending drug and alcohol rehab can be challenging, the benefits of seeking professional care when struggling with addiction are significant.
Studies have shown that addiction treatment can help individuals:
- Achieve and maintain sobriety
- Improve physical and mental health
- Strengthen social and family relationships
- Improve employment and academic outcomes
- Reduce the risk of relapse
Addiction treatment can include a variety of services, including counseling, medication-assisted treatment, group therapy, and individualized treatment plans. By seeking professional care, individuals can work with trained professionals to build the skills and tools they need to overcome addiction and maintain lasting sobriety.
Alcohol and Drug Rehab is Good, You Should Go
Entering drug and alcohol rehab can be a difficult but life-changing decision. By researching and asking questions, knowing what to pack and what is prohibited, and focusing on the benefits of professional care, individuals can be better prepared for the admission process and build a strong foundation for long-term recovery. Seeking treatment for addiction is an important step in anyone’s life. You will meet very few people who regret going to rehab, but the world is full of people who wish they had gone sooner.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, Southeast Addiction wants to help. Give us a call at: (888) 981-8263